01011001 01100101 01110011 00100000 01101111 01100010 01110110 01101001 01101111 01110101 01110011 01101100 01111001 00101100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 01101110 01110101 01100111 01100111 01100101 01110100 00101110 00100000
Send me a number and I’ll tell you my unpopular opinion.
1. A selection of television programs you do not care for.
2. A selection of musical artists you do not care for.
3. A selection of celebrities you couldn’t care less about.
4. A hobby you “don’t get”.
5. A habit you find disgusting.
6. Something in school you really liked doing that everyone else bitched over.
7. Your favorite household chore.
8. Popular video games that make you go “meh”.
9. PC or MAC?
10. A sport you don’t like, for whatever reason.
11. A sport you really like, for whatever reason.
12. Television programs you love but have gotten shit for liking.
13. Musical artists you love but have gotten shit for liking.
14. A hobby you have/find interesting that other people bother you over/make fun of.
15. A habit you have that other people bug you over.
16. Something in school you hating doing and it felt like everyone else loved.
17. The household chore that makes you want to shoot your own face off.
18. A selection of video games that you enjoy that perhaps you really shouldn’t.
19. A celebrity crush that maybe even you don’t understand.
20. Free rant on whatever grinds your gears at the moment.
there’s a really big difference between “the writers want to put these two characters in a queer relationship but can’t because of censors” and “we’re going to keep putting these characters in queer situations and playing it off as a really funny joke”
Laverne Cox is the most visible trans person of color in the world and she has helped millions of people to learn about trans people and the discrimination they face. I think Laverne Cox is one of the most important and influential people in the world and should’ve been included in the TIME 100.
I honestly do not understand why people seem to think that a medical condition automatically is a bad thing. Transsexualism is a medical condition, and while it sure as hell sucks to have it, it isn’t per-say a “bad thing.”
If it isn’t a medical condition, then what the hell is it? A choice? It sure as hell isn’t a choice (and if you think it is, then being gay is now officially a choice) and implying it is, is a really bad thing.
leaving Laverne Cox off of the Time top 100 despite the overwhelming support she received is an act of violence and erasure towards trans women
Tell that to the doctors who actually have requirements for being trans.
The main symptom of trans is sex dysphoria.
If they describe being trans as something related to gender roles, then that’s called internalized sexism. However, if they’re not comfortable with their physical sex and have a desire to transition, they’re trans.
you don’t need gender dysphoria to be trans. being trans isn’t an illness, so you can’t have “symptoms”. why would i listen to cis doctors going by the standards set by other cis doctors
Trans is a medical condition, it has a symptom. Gender dysphoria. It’s not an illness.
Yeah, why would you listen to the doctors when they’re trying to help trans people with transitioning, such as HRT and surgeries so they don’t end up dying because their bodies feel so wrong?
just because some doctors say something doesn’t mean it’s true and there’s not exactly a consensus in the medical field about what is and isn’t transgender and gender dysphoria.
to a degree i trust doctors to give me the proper medications and stuff for my transition (although pretty much every doctor i’ve seen has been really gatekeepy and treated me badly) but some faceless medical institution composed primarily of cis people doesn’t know what it means to be trans better than i do.
being trans isn’t something that’s inevitable for anyone and for lots of trans folks it’s not an all-or-nothing issue either so stop sensationalizing it.
Of course the doctors would keep you away from wasting their resources if you don’t experience sex dysphoria. They’re trying to determine whether you’re not lying about being trans because of a fetish or other reasons.
Do you have sex dysphoria?
Tibetan Buddhist monks Create Mandalas Using Millions of Grains of Sand-The Mystical Arts
Imagine the amount of patience that’s required to create such highly detailed art such as this! To promote healing and world peace, a group of Tibetan Buddhist monks, from the Drepung Loseling Monastery in India, travel the world creating incredible mandalas using millions of grains of sand. For days or even weeks, the monks spend up to eight hours a day working on one mandala sand painting, pouring multicolored grains of sand onto a shared platform until it becomes a spectacular piece of art.